• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HELP! New starter problem

edpdx

All better now- Needed to add an extra ground is all.

After more than a week messing around with this starter, I finally have it back in and running :jumpin:.

I ran it over to a starter shop- told the fellow what was happening. He attaches the battery cable and shorts the terminals- whiirrrrr!.

I scratched my head and the guy says I probably just had a dirty ground is all. I went back home and sprayed everything down with some carb cleaner, brushed it with a new brass brush and reinstalled it all with an extra ground wire (10g) from the screw where the bracket goes to a bolt on the chassis where the 24v lead is clamped to the frame.

All seem to be right- Blazer started right up.

Just wanted to add resolution to this thread.

Thanks to warthog and chevymike for all the input.

edpdx

#%$^%@^! , I got in the Blazer, waited for the WAIT light. Cranked as it should but did not start. I tried again and on the second turn all I heard was CLICK.

Someone give me another troubleshoot I can try please. I, like you, need reliability and after laying on my back for a week to get it finally running, I am facing the problem again.

Ed

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks