• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help New to the Deuce world, Can't get front axle to lock in?

3rdmdqm

It's probably a sprag transfer which has no levers. It locks automatically when the rear wheels/drive shaft starts spinning faster than the front wheels/drive shaft at which time it is supposed to engage automatically. Do a search for "sprag" and you will get all kinds of good info on this topic and what to look for.

Front Axle not locking in

I just bought a M109-A3 and took it out in the mud .The back wheels would spin but nothing from the front. Did you ever get an answer to the problem? Is there a way to lock this in manually? I have the t-136-21 transfer case with the sprag.

Thanks
Don

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I just bought a M109-A3 and took it out in the mud .The back wheels would spin but nothing from the front. Did you ever get an answer to the problem? Is there a way to lock this in manually? I have the t-136-21 transfer case with the sprag.

Thanks
Don
Replace the t-case with an air shift. That's the only way you can manually do it.

Otherwise search for sprag adjustment

hof3414

Kind of disappointed recently, my previous truck was air shift and my new truck has the lever for air shift under the dash. I never tried using the 6 wheel drive and when I went to lock it in i2t started dumping air under the truck. Found out they must have taken out air shift transfer case and replaced with sprag. Now first thing my front wheels wouldn't kick in when the rears were slipping so I read TM's and it is extremly easy to adjust just need a jack, 3/4" wrench and I think 7/16" or 5/16" wrench. However, I adjusted it each way and could only get front wheels to turn when spinning in reverse gears. Nothing in forward gears (air shift coming soon). Now the second thing. Do Not drift with the clutch in while truck is in reverse. Happened to me quite a few times before I realized what was happening but basically transfer case is binding up between forward and reverse gears. I thought something was wrong with my brakes because of the loud popping sound after i drifted forward with clutch in and shifter in reverse. If your sprag is good and adjusted properly which is easy to do, it should work fine if not or later down the road install air shift.

Barrman

As posted above, a non air shift t case can and does work great when properly adjusted. Read the -10 and -20 about how to drive it, how to test it and how to adjust it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks