• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help on 5/4 ton CUCV purchase

thz71

Guys please remember that EMP discussions are not allowed.

Back to the discussion at hand. Seems the older I get the more comfort I want when driving. Power windows, door locks and A/C are on that list.
Is there a thread that explains why that isn't allowed? I'm curious.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I didn't intend to start a discussion, It is simply one of the considerations that led me to make my initial CUCV purchase.
Not a problem. That is why I was just reminding everyone about the rule.

Too many times it gets mentioned and then many people get caught up in it and fall down the rabbit hole and thye get lost discussing it. There are many other websites for those types of discussions. This site is not one of them.

CUCVLOVER

I have a 08. It is a daily driver, a work truck, and a play truck. I have ran mine 55_60ish a lot. I have a tach to so i know my rpm, and oil gaug is nice too. I pull random trailers, and boats, and sometimes about 2300 lbs on the bed. I have pulled the weight sled at the truck pull and didn't hurt it. I have crawled around in 4 low and its completely different beast in 4 low. They are not a plush cushy truck from factory. But a stereo, and a cup holder its ok. I would never get rid of mine

Santa

Thanks guys for the input. I still may pull the trigger on the m1028 and do a restore. Lots of good advice on here I can tell. If not I might look for a Blazer.

UNIMOG-GUY

I think you'll find the CUCV to be a great asset for general work. As you can see from my avatar I have a snow plow on mine and plow several commercial properties and several driveways. I have lost count of how many cords of firewood mine has carried home for my grandmother who heats with wood. Your truck might have a trac lock/limited slip in the front (like my 1028 ) and a detroit locker in the rear. I think you'll find the traction aiding is great in the woods and in the snow. With chains on all 4 tires a plow on the front and weight behind the rear axle they will go just about anywhere you want in the snow. Price a comparable truck new off the lot and you'll be over $65k.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks