• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

help on identifying military truck

Andre1806

Hey I'm not so familiar with posting on forums, I'm more the type to read and find the info i need that way, but i cant find what I'm looking for.

I recently purchased a ex-military truck, i think called LSSVR, its a 2004 lly duramax, with a roof hatch. It has the military bumpers, blackout lights, jumpo seat in rear bench, etc. Can someone help me out in knowing some more about it?

I have the LSSV manuals all from finding them online, and have some work i want to do, when I can afford it. For example, the 24 V system I'm pretty sure isn't operational. The truck runs good so I'm not in a super rush.

Thanks for any help You might be able to give!! if i figure out how to get a picture up i will!:)

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?59917-How-to-post-pictures-a-tutorial

The picture task is easy once you do it 954 times so that's the link on how to post pictures.

Welcome aboard the MV train neighbour. We have a static display this weekend, the 23rd.... at the Alberta Aviation Museum on Kingsway Ave if you want to come hang out for the day. Your other neighbour should be bringing a WW11 Command Car out of the Park, just off Clover Bar Rd.....around 900hrs, depending on temperature.

You have yourself a range truck, I'm guessing out of Suffield, I'm guessing white and orange, I know we call it a CUCV 11 or a MILCOT and drive it like this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmPrXea4-ho

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Andre1806

4 toggle switches, 2 "12v" and 2 "24v". Not sure what they're for.

Also I haven't got a third battery installed in the battery box in the rear of the truck.

The 24v system doesn't seem to be working at all

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We're setting up around 930h and will be there until around 1600h. We could have a dozen MV mechanics on board so having your truck there would be fun for everyone.

These trucks were set up with radios and that could be the only thing 24volt was set up for. It'll be great getting a look at it so hope you make it! I just dropped the 6x off so Goose and I will be there for coffee and donuts by 930 but show up anytime you can.

P9220480.jpg

Andre1806

Lol. Yeah needs paint but that ain't cheap. I was wondering how bed armour would look sprayed all over.

As long as mechanically I have no worries, paint can wait. Not much fun fixing stuff on the driveway in canadian winter

Andre1806

I have been working nights and totally forgot about the meet!! When is the next?

Also I was wondering if you had any recommendations for mechanics in the Edmonton area for Allison. My front seal is leaking transmission fluid. Usually I would fix my own stuff but I don't feel confident enough to drop the transmission on the driveway.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks