• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help on my MEP006A Generator ---- Switching the Voltage Card

tristanh4

I am in the process of getting my MEP006A generator around. I have received help from several people (thanks for all the help offered!).

My most recent comment was wondering how I get my voltage past 250. I was told to check out the voltage card. I did just that and it looks like it's set to 120 / 240. My question is, how do I change this "card" over to the higher voltage? Do I have to remove all the bolts that appear to be on this panel?

This may be a silly question, but when the generator is not under power, can I get myself shocked if working with something like the voltage card? I guess, do the generators actually "store" the power once they've run for a while?

I want and need to switch my voltage card to see if I can get this generator up to 480 volts. I need to use it to generate 480 volts for a job I have so I want to make sure it will work.

Thanks so much in advance! Everyone on here has been so helpful!

Thanks!

sewerzuk

Yes, you need to remove all 12 nuts holding the voltage card down and move it so that the arrows line up for the 240/416 voltage. Make sure all of the nuts are tight so you don't create a high resistance connection/fire/damage.

And, it should currently be set to 120/208 (not 120/240 as you mentioned in your post). If it IS actually 120/240, you have a very unusual MEP configuration!

No, there is no circuitry in the MEP that can cause an electric shock while you are working on that card (as long as it isn't running).

The MEP-006a is capable of 480v WYE (not delta). This may or may not work depending on the load you intend to supply it with. I noticed that somebody else already mentioned this in another thread and posted a link to the differences for you...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks