• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

help on pyro,boost and steering.

50BMG

I put a pyro and a boost guage on my duece recently and would like to know what max is for both.Also have problem when im running 1400-20 tires of wandering and over steer,ok on 1100-20 tires,please help.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
All you seek has been covered a few times. The egts, you want to stay under 1200*. Your tires wander cause of the caster, its set for bias ply tires. Boost, I'm not sure on, I've heard of some getting 27lbs.

50BMG

thank you gimpyrob for your patience and knowlege.I am just learning the computer,pecking away with one finger.My egt is 1200 on a hard pull, but my boost is only 6 lbs but the truck runs good,

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've also heard of 27psi but I've never actually seen it. On all the trucks I've dealt with you'll max out the EGT far before you get boost pressures in the 20s.

DieselBob

Here is my 2cents. I adjusted my fuel so no matter how hard I run I can't get above 1250deg. The boost never seems to get much above 10~12psi but you have to remember that the military added the turbo to reduce the smoke from the exhaust not really to increase power output.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Adjusted according to TM, the EGT should not exceed 1,200 and the boost probably no more than 7 or 8 psi.
The exhaust manifold is split up between the front and the rear sets of three cylinders and the rears run about 50-100 °F higher...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks