• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help out a new guy!

roscoe

Glad to here your truck runs well. I would let the the truck idle for a least 3 to 5 minutes or longer depending on the temp outside. What I usually do is start the truck or equipment first then go do other checks or load stuff or whatever till it warms up. This way you aren't sitting there impatiently waiting to take off. I don't have my multifuel yet, but I do have other diesel engines, and they do much better after they reach operating temperature. Plus its a lot better for the life of the engine.

scrapdaddy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Guys, this has been a good thread for me. I just won my Duece up at Muskegon, MI. I'm sending papers in tomorrow. One question for all of you the Export form? should I send it too and is it on the GL site with the other forms. You all have inspired me, not sure about driving it home , outside St.Louis. I do love a good adventure and that would be one to talk about for awhile.
Scrapdaddy

gonorth

Scrapdaddy, YES, you absolutely should send a signed export form with your EUC. If you don't when GL finally looks at your EUC they will put it on hold and tell you to send the export form, then you wait for GL to get to it again. Yes, the export form is on the GL site, I think it is right with the EUC form.

Your first EUC is not easy to get right. If you want you can PM me with your phone number and best time to call and I will talk you thru it.

Best way after you print and sign everything and take a COLOR pic of your DL is to scan the documents back into files and email it all to GL.

Biggles

scrapdaddy, take the help. I screwed up MY EUC repeatedly and I started this thread! It cost me almost an extra week all in all.

AceHigh

Nah, March 6. I am bummed. Tried chat a few times and she just says it can take 90 days or more! I see on the terms that they can (not will) refund if it takes over 60 days. At this point I do want out because I am guessing the trucks are picked clean by now. :|

gonorth

Ace, make sure when you exit the chat that you take the option to have the chat sent as an email. Did the chat person confirm that they actually recieved your EUC materials? They should be able to do that much.

scrapdaddy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks guys, I went back and looked for the export form. I believe it is the second page of the euc. Section III on page two talks about export. I sure hope that's it because I can't find any other form pertaining to export. Let me know if I'm wrong
Scrapdaddy

AceHigh

Ace, make sure when you exit the chat that you take the option to have the chat sent as an email. Did the chat person confirm that they actually recieved your EUC materials? They should be able to do that much.
Thanks. It is supposedly in Battlecreek, and I did keep transcripts. So far the GL folks have been helpful.

roscoe

Scrapdaddy, I'd go to live chat and have the lady send you the export form(or look in their forms area). I don't think it is in with that set of EUC forms that you fill out. I thought it was too and sent everything in and then got sent the export page with a request for a COLOR copy of my drivers license. It says "Government Liquidation Services" at the top; then has your name and account number; a full page of bla bla bla then a place for you to sign and date at the bottom.

gonorth

Scrapdaddy, No the Export form is not that second page of the EUC where they talk a little about export. The form you want is a one page form only about export. I could have sworn it was on the GL web site but I cannot find it. Like Rosco says, get on the chat line and have them email the export form to you pronto...

Once you get the form, keep it around so you have it to send with your next EUC. Yes, send it every time.

scrapdaddy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks again guys, first thing in the morning, I'll get on chat. I already sent everything else, including a color copy of my D/L from Kinko's. I sent everything over night registered mail. I don't have a scanner or fax, we'll see

BMCUSNAVY

Biggles.... what is your recommendation? I live right off a highway, that has a speed limit of 55. I figure I give the engine time too warm up, before having too get in too the throttle.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks