• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HELP PLEASE

willysmd

HI Men
I need some advice on my M35 please, the tye bar or what I call a dog bone as it is shaped like one that seems to hold the rear axle on or stops it from moving, has 2 bolts going through it to the chassis rail, these in turn go through a rubber bushing, well this rubber bushing is coming out of the dog bone, it looks like the washer has pulled through, is there a quick fix to get the rubber back in, and is there a special tool to get to the nut by the leaf springs.
I have not any pictures as the truck is miles away from here, any help in this is appreciated.

Thanks
Mark

willysmd

Thanks Bjorn, I assume there is no fix, what about getting the undone that is outwards above the suspension, I tried to get a socket in there this morning whcich did not fit, is there a special tool; for this ???

Also I have the arm strapped up at the moment, is there any danger of the arm coming off completely?

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny (Recovry4x4) can tell you all about it, he has a similar situation on his m275.
The torque rods keep the axles aligned and are important.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
JWC had that problem at Haspin. We jacked up the axle and were able to push it back on. Then he welded on a piece of steel longer than the circle to hold it in place till he got a replacement. YMMV.

citizensoldier

We have done the same thing gimp is talking about. We fixed Kenny's in FL with a high/low jack and a ratchet strap.. It got him back to southern Fl that way... That rubber will fight you so you need to press it back on with some lube. You can weld a big washer on it if you have access to a welder.

willysmd

OK Thanks, but how do I get access to the nut that is hidden by the leaf springs an ordinary socket will not get in

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You have to take the lift bracket off the spring, there is no special tool for that.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
the entire truck needs to be suspended from a frame area. If supported by the axles the whole thing will fly apart when the u bolts are cut loose.

willysmd

Damn that sounds hurtful, glad I asked the question now many thanks Kenny and the rest of the crew for your help, will let you know how I got on.

acetomatoco

George at VTCSM37 has some new teeth courtesy of a torque rod off a deuce... I have a new 5 ton rod for $100 and a insert, which can be pressed in with washer and nut for $50.. nothing for deuce... there are two types.. round cross section and H cross section... interchangeable on Deuce.