• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help please

bpj911

So, I had a minor mishap with my m35. The hood flew open at 55mph b/c I was a dumbass and didn't latch it. I have damage to the hood(obviously) hood hinges, roof, and both windows. I have full coverage insurance but I don't know if I can buy these parts new? If so, where can I find a NOS hood? I am sure the windows, hinges are easy enough. I also guess I need a nice top or somehow fix this one. Thanks for any suggestions.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Contact Idaho motorpool. Shipping will be pricey from anywhere else. I doubt you will find an NOS hood and if you do it will be costly. Just look for good take-out parts. Good luck!

bpj911

adjuster

I don't think they are even coming out. It's Hagerty, collector's insurance. I can't believe I didn't latch the hood. Hagerty is pretty damn good. A few years ago I backed my 72 F350 camper special into the neighbor's brand new car. They didn't blink an eye and handled it without even raising my premium. I'll be a customer for life if they will have me...:)

dabtl

I still think Northern Tool is our best friend. They have a lot of body work stuff that works great, even for a complete amateur. I moved a lot of metal around this Fall on my second deuce to get the body back in shape.

You might not have as much damage as you think.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You're not the first one on here to have that happen ;-).

Do you have the middle spring loaded safety latch? The safety latch shouldn't let the hood fly open if you forget to secure the hood latches. If your safety latch is missing I'd suggest installing one on the new hood.

bpj911

There is a safety latch. I had driven about 6 or 7 miles from my house and I didn't see the hood moving around at all. All of a sudden it was wide open and visibility was a bit of a challenge. Pretty loud noise as well!

DavidB

Any damage to driver seat bottom? Used parts is way to go if you want to keep coverage and get quick repairs made.Good to hear no injuries and safe stop.
DavidB

hole

Almost had this happen, I hadnt notice I'd not latched them on the side the night before and took her on the highway the next morning. All was fine until 50 plus, holy crap that hood dances alot without those side latchs on :doh: . Needless to say I now check those as part of my pre trip inspection:roll:. I hope your able to get the old girl back together soon!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks