• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help please

bpj911

I have a new problem. I was driving my deuce a couple weeks ago and it was about -25. It seemed to kind of gel up on me and lost power, could only run about 45 or so. Did not really worry about it as I know it was super cold and figured it would be fine once I got home. So, a few days ago I went to run it again and it runs normal for a few seconds and then falls on it's face until you let out of it.

-I changed all 3 filters, they were a little grungy but not bad. No change, actually is worse! The intank pump is running and I think is moving fuel. I have big pressure at the drain on the primary and I get just a trickle at the bleeder on the secondary filters.

So, I guess I don't know what to try next. Any help is appreciated. It starts with a little throttle where it used to fire instantly. Thanks!

scooter01922

Lots of pressure at the primary but only a trickle at the secondarys huh. This may have nothing to do with that cold snap. I know its simple but take a look at the fuel line that heads from the primary to the secondary. That location leaves something to be desired.....may have bumped something and crimped it mostly shut. Second you may have broken loose some spooge somewhere in the fuel system and it either got past the primary or was in the line past it to begin with, may have to blow the lines and see what ya get. There really isn't much other than fuel line between the 2 points. you do have some fuel treatment in the tank right?? The other thing that causes everyone to pull their hair out with phantom issues always seems to be water freezing in the worst places.

bpj911

One other thing I just thought of.

The return line, or what I assume is the return line at the tank, has just a trickle. With the amount of spray at the primary I would assume a pretty giant stream of fuel at the return line back into the tank. Scooter, should I have just as big a flow at the secondarys then? Thanks !

bpj911

One other interesting thing, I just added the winch two weeks ago and I guess I could have banged up a fuel line or something. It ran fine afterwards though and I have only engage the winch for a few minutes. Wonder if the line could have been smashed by the driveshaft or something.

baxter

I also installed a winch on my deuce and had to temp the fuel line out of the way of the drive shaft until I can get the parts to reroute the fuel line.

kaiser2help

Install a fuel pressure gauge at the tapping between the secondaries. By just turning the tank pump on you should have between 5 to 7 psi. If not I have been told that the bottom of your in tank pump has fallen off. If you do not have 5 to 7 psi check the booster pump mounted on the side of the IJ pump. Mine was installed backwards before I bought it. Caused similar like symptoms.

scooter01922

yes BPj911, the flow should be about the same at the secondary as the primary. I'm not sure about the return in all honesty. But i do know that you should get no less than a geyser of fuel at the secondary. Definitely check out that fuel line, its in a spot that can be prone to damage.

bpj911

Scooter nailed it. I kinked the line somehow between the primary and secondary. Away i go. Thanks!