• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help Removing Outlet Fuel Line From Lift Pump

HoveringHMMWV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In the initial process of trying to remove a leaky fuel pump and am having trouble removing the metal outlet fuel line. I'm using two wrenches (3/4 and 5/8's) but it will not budge. Any advice other than some sort of cheater bar or simply trying harder? I wouldn't think it should be on that tight. And yes, I'm attempting to turn the line nut counter clockwise.
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

HoveringHMMWV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you using a line wrench?
That did the trick. Thanks! I had a crows foot type line wrench that I'd forgotten about but had used it during my IP swap. The crows foot line wrench along with a breaker bar solved the problem.

Last edited:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
What's a line wrench?
Just a slightly better wrench with two more contact points - specifically good for soft brass fittings.

Picture below.

Line Wrench.jpg

I looked (maybe he already sold them) but I could have sworn that Castle Bravo had some sets for sale in the Classified Tools For Sale section. There are line wrenches to get offset down in a tight space too. Kinda like a "Crow's Foot" wrench.

Line Wrench CrowsFoot Injection-fuel-line-sockets.jpg