• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help (SOS) for flyusn99

KsM715

I hope Eastern is gonna make it right. I see him on here all the time peddling his wares. He has his fate in his own hands now.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
P.S. To help explain , He got the truck from GL , Eastern got it for him and serviced it completely to make the trip home (per what I was told).

Sounds like they simply serviced it. Not SOLD it to him. Please don't jump to conclusions, without reading carefully and having all the facts.

I don't make any guarantees(alternator, batteries etc) when I change oil....

And yes, Thank You Jay, for offering support in this situation, it's a great thing.

Last edited:

Big CASE

If the shop cant help him out, I know JOHN WINSLOW is close by and he has a truck and trailer and the shop / tools to fix it if need be his number is 252.883.2509 .
Hope it helps out, wish I was closer to help more .

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For those that are reading this, and not in the area. Washington DC and Virginia are just getting the start of a massive snow storm. By Sunday, they are predicting up to 30" total. Travel in the area won't be easy.

http://www.weather.com/

Last edited:

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
My friend and I are shooting for tomorrow morning, before the snow fall starts again hard to get it all taken care of. So it should go real smooth. Ill try and bring the camera and get some good pics. We sould be SP'ing areound 0900.

I know the fealing of being stuck in a MV on the side of the road, like some of you others have. Me and a few friends helped another guy from FL make it to where he needed to go once before so im glad to help. Steel Soldiers is a great great forum to help people out in this hobbby! -Jay

bassetdeuce

I know the fealing of being stuck in a MV on the side of the road, like some of you others have. Me and a few friends helped another guy from FL make it to where he needed to go once before so im glad to help. Steel Soldiers is a great great forum to help people out in this hobbby! -Jay
I agree, this is what makes this forum great. Those like Jay who step up.[thumbzup]

To all other members:

I apologize for not being clear about Easterns connection to James truck in my original plea for help. The truck was sent from GL Frankfort Kentucky to Eastern Surplus to be painted and serviced. Eastern was paid to go through the entire truck and fix anything wrong i.e. road ready. But, that is neither here nor there, and our (mine and Jays) main concern is that James gets his truck problems resolved and safe at home.

-Doug

Last edited:

KsM715

Sounds like they simply serviced it. Not SOLD it to him. Please don't jump to conclusions, without reading carefully and having all the facts.

I don't make any guarantees(alternator, batteries etc) when I change oil....

And yes, Thank You Jay, for offering support in this situation, it's a great thing.
Thats a good point. Hope everything turns out well for all parties involved.

country

Supporting Vendor
I spoke to James

Sounds like he has an alternator issue. Not sure about his shifting issue. Sounds like it may have developed along the way. He told me that several people have offered to help him- as we did- but he is up against a time constraint to get home and we have almost a foot of snow here and it is still snowing.

The truck was super nice, GL KY- delviered to us to go over.

James has my cell and I am on call for advice/help/whatever he needs

Thanks
Dave Newman
www.easternsurplus.net

KI4GSN

Anyone know how Jay is doing this morning? I saw he said something about a car, should the need for a 4x4 truck that is faster than a deuce arise, I volunteer me and my civy 1 ton. It'd take me a couple hours to be onto 95, but it can be done. FWIW my cell is 910 470 2 seven seven 1.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks to everyone helping out. I wish I had a truck out here because he drove right by us on his trip. (We didn't see him but we are just off 95)

sw