• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help - "spark plug" of manifold flame heater is ba

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This looks like something Napa should have on a dusty shelf.. Can this be bought locally or is it a special? Mine is shorted when high voltage is applied.

Lax

TXSG_19_commo,
Did you have any luck with your search for a new glow plug? I am just starting to get into fixing my heater because when I push the button to start the heater I hear nothing.

I do not know where to start to fix this. Any advice? Do these glow plugs burn out regularly? Any help from anyone would be great. It got down in to the 30s last night!!

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can go under the hood and find wire #55, I think, it is the one that feeds power to the heater pump, and the spark coil. hook a temporary wire to the 24V of the battery. Use this to energize for the tests. The easiest thing to do is disconnect the power plug from the pump, unscrew the wire from the spark plug, and hold the high voltage wire 1/4 inch from the grounded metal like the air cleaner, and energize. You should get a continuous fat hot spark. If this works the coil is OK. Be careful it is alot hotter than a car ignition coil and can give a very nasty shock. If you have that, then unscrew the spark plug from the turbo snout and re-connect the HV wire to it, lay it on the air cleaner or wherever so the outside of the plug is grounded. emergize and you should get a hot spark on the plug. If this works the spark plug is OK. disconnect the power plug from the spark coil. connect the power plug to the pump. disconnect the fuel line from the turbo snout. energize the pump. fuel should squirt out. if so, the pump is at least working, if not good. The only thing left is the spray nozzle. remove it and check that it sprays fuel. If all of this works, I can't tell you what to do, need someone who knows more about it.

as far as my plug, mine is shorted. I ordered two from TNJ murray last week. He says he has good pull outs.

Lax

Thanks guys. I did not say I needed the heater yet. What I meant was the cold weather was starting to get closer.

You have given me some work to do now. Now I just need to find all those things on the engine. I am litte new at this still. Thanks.