• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help, whats this on my 42' tipper?

Have been doing some work on the old 42, brakes, seals and misc pm's. Was going to start some light bodywork and a paint package this week. Has some brackets on the cab just behind the drivers and passenger doors, they look like they might of been for some kind of stack, before I removed them I'd thought I'd throw it out there to see if anyone had a better idea.

Attachments

The fact they are 2 on each side, one up high on the cab, one low. I know the picture does not quite get the point across however I did not want to do a full shot so as not to be heckled for the clown paint job. I will be posting pictures as I get it ready for paint.
OK go ahead bust my chops for the paint:lol:

Attachments

mcmullag

oh, a '42 tipper

ya threw me off there, when I read the subject line I thought maybe it was a tractor trailer dump set-up since it was stated as 42 ft long. "whats this on my 42' tipper?" :grin:

nattieleather

If I remember correctly you baught the truck with that paint scheam on it and you're plan is to make it correct so no chops bustin here. You have a great truck and it deserves the attention your giving it. WWII Chevy and GMCs did not have exhuast stacks on them. So the brackets are not for that. Plus the fact that they are both bolted on makes me think they are an after the fact add on and not stock to the truck. I would think that the military would have welded the bracket in place or if bolt on it would have been done differently with fine thread bolts and extra lock washers...you know typical overkill.

I believe them to be add ons for exhaust stacks as well, will be posting some shots as I do the body and paint. The previous owner was a 90 year old man that had owned for many years, his family members sold it on his behalf, never was given the chance to meet or pick his brain. All and all it is a remarkably well preserved truck!

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The fact they are 2 on each side, one up high on the cab, one low. I know the picture does not quite get the point across however I did not want to do a full shot so as not to be heckled for the clown paint job. I will be posting pictures as I get it ready for paint.
OK go ahead bust my chops for the paint:lol:
What's wrong with the paint??? I like the diamonds on the dump bed.

I'm just marveling at how clean & straight all that vintage sheet metal is...nice job!! Nice truck! I've got a 1943 G7117 winch truck, but no bed...I hope mine looks as nice as yours does, someday!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks