• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help with clutch! 5 ton M809 series

ryansuperbee

Hey guys. Need some help here. I'm getting ready to drive my 5 ton from Washington state to California. The problem I'm having and I've had this problem ever since I got the truck is that the clutch is incredibly stiff! After a short drive around town, my ankle is literally sore from the work out. My question is, what could be causing this? Is the clutch supposed to be assisted with air? Any help with this or any links to good threads that talk about this is greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone!

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe as simple as the wrong return spring on the clutch pedal arm. The clutch pedal is very forgiving on these trucks.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The perfect title of a thread, I am looking for a TWIN disk setup for my 819 (two disk and one floater ).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks