• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help with data plates for possible Deuce purchase

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
1. Congrats!!! :beer: We want pics!!!!

2. The manuals are here, look to the left column

3. We love questions

houdel

$3500 sounds like a decent price for a running winch truck. Dropsides don't particularly excite me, but overall sounds like a fair deal. Plan on spending at least another $1000 by the time you get the cab top, troop seats, cargo cover, bows and corners, plus the myriad of other mechanical problems you will eventually find. Maybe more, a pair of new batteries are $100-$160 each depending on where you can find them (NOT NAPA, find an Interstate battery dealer). Probably a good deal anyhow. Deuces are money pits!

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
pcbowman,
I have a line on some troop seats. They'll need a good sanding and paint if you're gonna put butts on them though! I think he has a set for drop side beds too. Also, I saw a whole bunch of HMMWV take out seat belts somewhere while browsing the web, I'll see if I can find them. One more thing. Our battery supplier has a contract with the USMC post in Pico Rivera. They change batteries like they change underwear. He has good 6TL take out batteries for around 100.00.

houdel

WillWagner said:
pcbowman, Our battery supplier has a contract with the USMC post in Pico Rivera. They change batteries like they change underwear. He has good 6TL take out batteries for around 100.00.
Before you spend $100 for a take out battery, search all the Interstate battery dealers in your area first. I bought brand new Interstate U6TLs with warranty for $105 each. If you can find "blems", perfectly good batteries but with a cosmetic defect in the case, you can get them for about half the price and still with a warranty .

pcbowman

Thanks for the advice. I definitely need batteries before I even drive it home. Before I bring it home, there was a person at the yard that is going to sand blast and repaint it for me. He had a huge commerical sandblaster that he refurbishes all the construction equipment on the lot. It had some body rust, none that was cancerous except around the windshields. I thought it would be best to take care of it now and it beats me doing it with a small compressor and sand blaster. I will post pictures once I pick it up in a week after it has been repainted. I want to paint it solid green like the following post:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?module=photoshare&func=showimages&fid=291

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks