• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help with frame repair for GPW-37616

The Stig

I've finally gotten everything stripped off the frame of GPW-37616, and need to get it repaired. The work it needs is beyond my expertise, and I want it done as correct as possible. Being that this is the backbone of the vehicle I want it done right the first time. Does anyone know, or can you suggest someone in Georgia that can fix the typical cracks, rust holes, and poor owner home made welded on brackets back to ask close to its original state as possible?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions/help.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial

or what is a GPW-37616 ?

TM 9-1803B
can't post due to size

There is much about the frame repair on youtube

Last edited:

The Stig

GPW-37616 is the serial number for the chassis

or what is a GPW-37616 ?

TM 9-1803B
can't post due to size

There is much about the frame repair on youtube

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My advice to you is find a small weld shop that is very convenient to you and let him take a look at it. Fixing these paper thin frames is a simple matter of cutting out rust holes and making patch pieces and welding them in with a wire feed welder.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
They went way out of their way to make the thing more not heavy to meet a contract.
They dropped 400 pounds by making every bolt shorter and every piece of steel lighter. It is documented. The vehicles did what they were supposed to do and were written off When they got paid or when it went onto the ship.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks