• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help with hanging pedal installation

boughtnobuilt

I bought the hanging pedal conversion bracket from Vintage Power Wagons. And now that I've got it in place, I'm confused (which is pretty typical for me).

First, you can see in the picture where I marked with silver sharpie where the steering column wants to go. The brake pedal is bent to drop to the left of the column, but you can see it's more to the right. and you can also see that you really can't move the entire assembly to the left much to the left because the clutch pedal is pretty much all the way over and the clutch master will just clear the hood strut mount on the firewall where it is now. Also, I know this was built for a specific master, but I'm going to use an electric booster/master for the brakes, which has a typical modern rod on it. Which means the brake pedal hinge point needs to move out at least 2" to get me to the 4+ inches the rod needs from the firewall to the attachment point. Also, the hole is offset because the bracket assumes the use of this odd thing that swings off the pedal, rather than just a regular fork.

So, I'm at a loss as to what to do here. Unbend the brake pedal so it goes straight down to the right of the column and very close to the accelerator pedal? Take 1" out of the middle of the entire bracket, moving the brake pedal closer to the clutch and then bend the brake pedal about 1" more to the left so it can fall on the left side of the pedal?

And once I figure that out, extend the hinge points for both pedals out another 3 to 4"? I can't just do one, it will make the pedals sit funny relative to each other.

I assume others have muddled through this, but not much came up on search.

IMG_8058.jpg

Attachments

adamkw12

It's been so long since I did mine and my truck isn't in the garage to go check, but I believe I just snapped the pedals. I will try to confirm tomorrow

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks