• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help with identifying a part and where it goes. HMMWV tranfer case part (I believe)

Wire Fox

I don't know exactly where that is used, but it's clearly a detent spring/plunger assembly. Likely has to do with the shift mechanism. I'll revisit this post if I figure out exactly where that assembly goes.

BRob18E

I pulled up the TM and found it. just went page by page and it was on the bottom of the Transfer case, don't see what it is used for, but it'll get installed. lol Thanks for the support.

Wire Fox

I pulled up the TM and found it. just went page by page and it was on the bottom of the Transfer case, don't see what it is used for, but it'll get installed. lol Thanks for the support.
Good on you... I just did the same, but I took the time to screen capture pretty pictures and everything, so I'm going to put them here anyway in case some other guy goes searching for them. The attached images are for the NP242 T-Case. The NP218 T-Case has the same type of assembly, but I haven't cross-referenced to see that the part numbers are the same or not.

20170920 T-Case Plunger-Detent Spring.PNG20170920 T-Case Plunger-Detent Spring Parts List.PNG

BRob18E

Thanks again for the help. My cousin is here in Ohio as well and has a 5 ton, older one forget the number. I helped him replace the hub seals. If you need any help with anything, let us know. Did you replace the hub seals in your build?

Wire Fox

Haven't even driven mine yet except for about 30 ft in reverse, so no, not yet. (I still have wiring work to finish on my transmission...I installed a 4L80E right off the bat when I got my HMMWV in January and have been taking my time to do everything right.) I do have the full tool set with all of the seal replacement tools, so I suspect that the hub seals will be easy for me. I'm going to carefully inspect mine before I'm ready to roll. If they're not great, I'll keep it deadlined until I get the parts in to service the hubs.