• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help with Identifying old heater

jdogg

I just picked up a old heater today. I was told it was from Vietnam but not sure about that but I know its very old. From the looks of it it seems to be American. Small box about 12x10x10 in. with a hose attached to one side, has a screw on lid, and heater vents in the front along with 4 power outlets....says something about glow plugs. Does refer to it as a heater...on the directions. Number on the unit is 10892. I'm not in the military so I don't know anything about the heater. I thought this would be the best place to ask for information. I can get photos. It seems to be in pretty good shape. I would like to know maybe what era and what it actually is? Maybe what is worth, just anything about it would be appreciated.

Boatcarpenter

jdogg,
Be careful on here about calling something from the Vietnam Era "very old". There were many of us on here that were either in country or in the service during that time and I for one, don't consider myself "very old" yet;).
BC

jdogg

Sorry didn't mean to offend, lets just say i was told its from the early Vietnam war. I had my wifes dad look at it and he really doesn't know what it is and was in the military some, anyone have any ideas yet?

jdogg

Well i think it has an electric ignition, but im pretty sure it runs on diesel/gas? there is a cap on the top.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks