• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help with M1009 stencil markings, etc....

rhinob

I've been hunting high and low for a comprehensive source of information regarding stencil/marking locations via search, TM's, and Google, and was hoping this thread might become that source. The old site is down, but I did find a TM regarding markings on another site. Unfortunately it didn't really cover the stencils in any detail. For instance, I see "TP40" over the wheel arches. Easy enough. Found "Diesel" over, under, and on the fuel door (tells me that there's some variances). But where does the "CARC" stencil go. What other stencils am I missing that are on the exterior of my M1009?

Also, I see some stencils on are a painted rectangular background that was painted first. Some stencils go directly on the vehicle color and I have seen them in both black and white-ish. I've seen vehicle unit ID's on a back ground rectangular back ground, as well we directly onto the bumper paint

The unit markings numbers, etc, are relatively easy to copy, create from the immensely huge number of photos on this site. I can handle that easily enough, but I just wanted to get the other tid-bits sorted out as well so my M1009 doesn't appear to be just a big green lump.

Walk around photos of close-up stenciled markings would be a huge help. Most photos are from a few feet away and make reading the things a real challenge.

Thanks much for any help you guys can provide....

(We all know what a bare M1009 looks like, so I placed a photo of my 1938 5-ton FBW in here. From a recent event in March.)

Attachments

combatmech

As far as basic markings.... I've seen the "CARC" stencil painted on the inside of the drivers door, on the glove box door. Mine had nothing but bumper numbers and tire pressure stencils on the fenders. I'm sure there is info on proper stencils in the TM's.

rhinob

I see. I appreciate your input Combatmech. I did find a page with TM's for CUCV's but the stencil locations and type were conveniently left out (as far as I could tell). Clearly marked locations for "Military Police" stencil size and locations, but not much more.

Stonepicker1

TB-43-0209 Color, Marking and Camouflage Patterns used on Military Veh.

This should give you what your looking for.

fyi.
CARC markings. Equipment painted with CARC
with data plates shall have the word "CARC" painted in
black or green contrasting color in a conspicuous area as
near the data plate as possible. Painting shall be in
block letters, as large as possible, not to exceed one
inch. All major items having a log book shall have the
Equipment Control Record, DA Form 2408-9, annotated
in the lower left corner of Block 21, Remarks, to reflect
the word "CARC" and the date applied.

rhinob

TB-43-0209 Color, Marking and Camouflage Patterns used on Military Veh.

This should give you what your looking for.

fyi.
CARC markings. Equipment painted with CARC
with data plates shall have the word "CARC" painted in
black or green contrasting color in a conspicuous area as
near the data plate as possible. Painting shall be in
block letters, as large as possible, not to exceed one
inch. All major items having a log book shall have the
Equipment Control Record, DA Form 2408-9, annotated
in the lower left corner of Block 21, Remarks, to reflect
the word "CARC" and the date applied.
I can handle that. Thanks for the info!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks