• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help with M35A2 cargo cover

firetim99

My buddy just recently purchased a Deuce and a half and we put the cargo cover on it however we need help with how to properly secure the cover on the inside.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you talking about how to secure the top to the bows if the sides are rolled up? There are straps that either hang down from the elbow (bow corners) on the canvas tops, or, on vinyl tops, there are integral straps that hang down that latch back to loops on the outside of the cover. If this is not what you are asking about, the top only is secured to the cargo cover tie down points located around the outside of the bed and on the tailgate.

Flyingvan911

Is it canvas or vinyl? The canvas needs rope. The vinyl should have straps on the inside that wrap around the first and fifth bows. It uses rubber super rope to secure it on the sides of the bed.

jasonjc

If you have a one pice vinyl cover make sure you put the front of the cover on the front of the truck. If not damage to the cover will result. It happen to members on here.

Gunfreak25

Not to change the subject but just how thick are the vinyl ones? I want to pick one up for the 211 and paint it with vinyl paint so the sun doesn't eat it up. Really completes the look of a deuce.

gungearz

Check the TM's... They are very informational. I did my top with the rustoleum camo paint. Never said, not to use on vinyl. Its been 3 months and its holding pretty well so far with the hot sun beating on it.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is it canvas or vinyl? The canvas needs rope. The vinyl should have straps on the inside that wrap around the first and fifth bows. It uses rubber super rope to secure it on the sides of the bed.
Can you take some pics of those straps that wrap around the first and fifth bows? I have a brand new cover on my M925A2 and my GMA cover does not have those straps. I am wondering if you are thinking about the straps that hang down to allow you to roll up the front and rear integral end curtains. Otherwise, this is news to me. I am always up for learning new things, though. I'd love to see some pics.

badgmc56

Check the TM's... They are very informational. I did my top with the rustoleum camo paint. Never said, not to use on vinyl. Its been 3 months and its holding pretty well so far with the hot sun beating on it.
I did my cover in Rustoleum Camo paint also 2 years ago and it is holding up great. I even power wash it and it does not come off. Just make sure the cover is clean first. Bob C.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks