• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help with M37 tires and wheels

stalker

I recently purchased a set of 39.5 inch radial tires and the local tire shop says it's o.k. to mount them on the stock 6.5 inch wheels, but is it o.k. to mount a radial on these split rims? Thanks for your help.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think it is okay to mount a radial on split rims, but you will have to use tubes regardless of radial or bias.

67Beast

You also have to make sure to use radial tubes and not the bia style. I have Swamper radials on my stock M715 with split rings. What you didn't say is how wide the tire is. That is the important thing with a 6.5 wide rim. Anything exceesiveily wide will wear funny on the road.

pa.rich

Way back there was an article in a m.v. mag about the different types of tire beads. Gee, make sure before you do it, I seem to remember a difference looking at the cross section drawings of the wheels and tire beads. Sorry , hate to be wishy washy but I think they are different.It, the article may have been in vintage truck mag.Just make sure, dont get hurt.Or ruin the tires? I will try and find it . It was a good article, wish my memory was as good!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks