• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help with Motor Mount Bracket

latvius

I am changing my motor mounts and I went to put the one on the passenger side and the bracket that attaches to the engine does not look right. Where I expected to see a bolt "hole" I see a bolt u shape. I just want to make sure this is bad before I order a new bracket. I am going to guess it is a dealer part?

mount.jpgIMAG1266.jpg

Last edited:

Kaiser67M715

That's fine, most motor mounts have a notch in one side to help aid in placing the motor down. At least that's what I've been told.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The CUCVs use the gasser motor mounts. The diesel versions do not fit

latvius

yup found that out the hard way (or at least they were wrong part #) I looked up an old thread and found the right Napa part #, So I have the correct mounts, the question I have is do I need to replace the mount bracket that attaches to the engine?
I'm thinking I do cause I cannot understand why the bracket would have a "u" cut out on one side and not just a hole drilled.

Kaiser67M715

sorry, the bracket should have that notch, even the later 6.5 diesel motor brackets had that notch(mine did, I was concerned at first until realizing all the 6.2 blocks I had were the same way). Like I said, I have been told the brackets are like that to help with aligning the engine, you put in the drivers side, then the passenger side.

cucvrus

On the passenger side the mount is notched because you can not remove the bolt because of the fuel pump being in the way for the long bolt to be removed. Or is it the starter. It's one of them. But it is all good. You just slide the bolt forward enough and pull the engine out or up in your case. And what is the big nasty gash you have circled? My motor mounts were so bad on my Mule they had a groove cut thru the cross member. I replaced them with Energy Suspension mounts. Good Luck Happy 4th.

latvius

The circled part is the where the mount bolt would go through and I was trying to show it was not a hole. The new motor mount was still halfway in, the second picture is after removing the mount to get a better look.
I had to drop the starter (mostly) to get the bolt out.
I was afraid that the motor mount bolt had ate away at the bracket or something.

OK the engine pulling explanation makes sense. So if you were pulling the engine out you would not have to pull the starter to get the bolt out. Got it thanks!!
Now I don't have to wait on replacement parts I can finish this today :)

Last edited:

royalflush55

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This looks like a short cut to me. Small block 350's have the same motor mounts and the engine side bracket has holes in it not notches. Yes you have to remove starter to remove motor mount bolt but that is no big deal. I want my motors securely fastened with the bolt thru both mount holes.