• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help with oil change on 71 m35a2c

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just make shure you get the NAPA final fuel filter #33540 as it is a 6 micron filter. The primary is napa 3511 and secondary is napa 3512.
You might get away with flipping the secondary and final rubber rings, if not you will need the correct rubber rings from napa.

Last edited:

MDSA

6 gallons of oil. Don't know numbers. I have extra filters here at the house Kenneth if you want to come get them. Good to hear from you again.

thank you brain very much good to here from you but im living back in raliegh now got closer to my kids hope all is good with you and your family call me some time 252- 343 2178

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Kenneth, nice to see you back.

Also, the oil quantity should be on the data plate on the dash(on the top right).

two.fiveM35

Yes 22 quarts and there are 2 drain plugs on the oil pan. Put a 5 gallon bucket under each one and remove the plugs. The oil that is in there takes a long time to warm up, i ran mine for about 45 minutes and the oil was only luke warm. If you have the time, remove the drain plugs and leave them off and come back in a couple days and replace the oil filters. That should give them plenty of time to drain out and it won't be as messy.

DieselBob

You can drain the oil filters by removing this drain plug. I do this and leave them drain while I check the differentials, transmission and transfer case oil. This works good for me and no oil spills to clean up.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks