• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help with paint color

EwaMarine

Go %60 paint and %40 percent water...Might lay nice. Youll see right away too...its forgiving paint...like REALLY forgiving...lol..I spray eveything in that crap now...lol....lockers, gear, you name it..lol...

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We have been talking about the Behr paint for a few years now.

I guess I need to move this to the paint forum

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Painted the Pinzgauer and M101A2 with Valspar Signature paint in a Panzer Gray/Green and used a brush. If you take your time and use a very good brush the results can be amazing and touch ups are a breeze.

Mark

pinz-with-trailer-002.jpg

pinz-trailer-rear.jpg

20140805_111358.jpg

Last edited:

wsucougarx

Personally, I would avoid the Gillespie RAPCO paint. It's way too glossy and fades quickly. My paint preference is BEHR exterior Flat mixed in the appropriate Federal Standard Color Codes;-).

MarcusOReallyus

Our stuff sits on a flightline...rarely goes into the brush...so the abrasion resist is not as hot with the Behr ultra...BUT...if your draggin a trailer? this stuff will last you three or four years.....without fading..just like your house..lol...
I was back "home" to see my mom a few months ago. Dropped by my old house. I painted it about 20 years ago. It's still the same paint. It still looks just fine. Flat walls, semi-gloss trim. Looks basically like when we lived there. I am 100% sure it has not been repainted, and I'm 90% sure it's never been maintained in any way.

House paint just isn't what it used to be in the old days. It's way better.