• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help with questions about a M35 I am getting....

EAdams

I would like to know the "low down" on the following vehicle as far as engine reliability, parts availability (engine and body), general "robustness" of the model/year and anything else can tell me.

It is a 1952 Studebaker M3 gasser 6X6 with a Continental 331cu gas engine in it. (Needs a bed btw)

red devils dude

all M35's are robust trucks IMHO the weak point in the early one's 1950's is the Sprag Type T-case, the OA331 engine
is a well made 50's truck engine it's big, loud and prone to valves sticking when they set for years the parts availability is
very good dealers like saturn surplus, Memphis Equipment and White Owl and just about every piece in these trucks.

FrankUSMC

If you make a run to the beach area of NC (Morehead City), there is a guy here that just pulled a gas motor out of his duece. I am sure I could get it for you some where around "Free, to a good home".
One of the few, Frank

EAdams

Re: RE: Help with questions about a M35 I am getting....

FrankUSMC said:
If you make a run to the beach area of NC (Morehead City), there is a guy here that just pulled a gas motor out of his duece. I am sure I could get it for you some where around "Free, to a good home".
One of the few, Frank
Dang... too far away.... I am in Western Ky