• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

help with the adj, screw on the fdc

goatijoe

i was adjusting the fuel rate up for just a little bit more power and when i went to tighten the jam nut the bolt snaped when i sliped is there any way to fix this can i take that scew out and just replace that or do i need to tare it all down and do it is there anything diffrent on the end of the rod inside or is it just a regular end like a bolt on there any help would be much appreached in this

goatijoe

have you ever been inside of one is it simple or really hard to work on after you get it off.. is there any good online manuals on these that you know of

goatijoe

thanks for the link ill just have to look thou all of it to find what i need from the best i can tell i can just pull the screw out and id be fine but i dont know

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Were you ajusting the servo pressure screw, or max fuel rate screw?

There a several great threads on adjusting fuel here on SS.

lavarok

You'll need to replace the FDC with a take off unit. Been there, done that. Not a good feeling when that bolt snaps! That is why two wrenches are CRITICAL when adjusting the fuel delivery.

If you don't have a 1/2" wrench thin enough, get out the grinder...

As for removing the FDC, 4 bolts and some fuel line if the fdc isn't bypassed and it comes right off. Replacement is the reverse of removal.

goatijoe

The servo spring and mine took 7/16 wrench is there any way to just replace that screw with out replacing the whole unit I saw on one of the thread on here don't let come unscrewd I just don't wanna replace it unless I have too

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks