• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help with title

EAdams

Need help with a title. I have a US Gov (certifiacte to obtain a title) from someone I bought a Duece from. He is from Ohio which is 6hrs from me. In order for him to get a Ohio title I'd have to drive it back up 6hrs so Ohio can inspect it. Is there a 3rd party that can give us a title fromm his US Gov title and without a inspection? Heeeeellllllllpppppp...

jdmcgowen

Well from what I have been finding out, If the SF97 is written out to the person that you bought it from, you can have that person go to the DMV and grab a Bill of Sale. If he fills out a bill of sale, and has the SF97 to acompany it, you should be able to take that to the DMV at your local office, and get a title in your state. Help me out guys if I missed anything.
John

EAdams

Re: RE: Help with title

jdmcgowen said:
Well from what I have been finding out, If the SF97 is written out to the person that you bought it from, you can have that person go to the DMV and grab a Bill of Sale. If he fills out a bill of sale, and has the SF97 to acompany it, you should be able to take that to the DMV at your local office, and get a title in your state. Help me out guys if I missed anything.
John
Is the SF97 the Gov Cert for Title? Ky (at least my local county) won't take it + the Ky Cert for title (signed and notorized by him). They want a title from Ohio from the fella I got it from. He cannot get that without a on-site inspection (in Ohio). Help....

Can I goto another court house other than my home county? I work in another county. Is that possible? Maybe they would be moer reasonable?

FreightTrain

Banned
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Help with title

Tell'em you bought it from someone in Alabama.I think 30 years and older don't require titles down here.I know my 1971 deuce does't have a title.Just a Bill of Sale and a Tag Recipt.

devilman96

Ether your missing something, not explaning something, or you have found one of the dumber tax offices in the country... If you have what you say you have go to a diffrent office...

poppop

I bought a truck from GSA for a friend because he was not signed up to buy. The SF-97 was in my name and I gave him a bill of sale. When he went to get it tagged and titled they would not title it to him. They titled it to me first and then we had to transfer it again. There is no vehicle inspection here in Ga, but they have required me on every truck I have bought to provide a completed form T-22b where a policeman verifies the year and vin. I bought an S-10 from GL during the no SF-97 days and called the Ga State DMV to inquie about obtaining a title. They told me I could go to a bailbondsman and buy a sureaty bond, and then with the T-22B the state would issue me a title. Some insurance companys also provide this service. I think the cost was $200.00 but I did not do this because GL is providing SF-97's now.

jumpmasterjim

Try getting a signed, notorized inspection signed by law enforcement or motor vehicle rep from your area. I used this approach near me.

rfischba1

Title problems in MD

I'm having the same problem here in MD, they will not accept a SF97 with a bill of sale, only way I can reg and tag my Duce is to First have a title for this vehicle. The seller lives in FL and has a dealers license, he has been trying to obtain a title for me. any suggestion?
thanks .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks