• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help with TM

Skycop

Well I have posted previously about our engine not starting woes http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/47934-new-m35a3-questions.html

Anyway, long story short, we have replaced the starter relay, starter, checked battery current etc and are STILL getting the same problem. Long story short, when you turn the Master Switch on, all of the buzzers and lights come on like they should. When you go to engage the starter switch....NOTHING.

When I say NOTHING I mean NOTHING. No starter click, no sounds, she just sits there and stares at me. I have finally pulled my head out of my...well you know where....and am going to attempt to follow the TM 24-1-1. Specifically I am on section 0012 00-3 where it lists out a sequence of events/tests to perform when the starter will not crank.

My question is that in the TM it references various leads (i.e. check lead 214 for battery voltage at starter solenoid)...where in the world do I find a wiring diagram that will let me know where the leads and such I am looking for? I have found some of the leads in various diagrams but didn't know if there is one major wiring diagram or specifically where I can find what I am looking for. Thanks (as always) in advance.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Each wire should have a nice little aluminum tag with the wire number on it(near the end of the wire). Wire numbers are somewhat standardized on all MVs.

Not too sure if there is one complete schematic for an A3.

Just a quick thought, have you confirmed your in neutral?

Skycop

Thanks. I just spent the past 30 minutes crawling around her belly (its hot here in S Central Texas right now by the way). I figured out the wiring labels while I was underneath.

Last edited:

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a problem sometimes with the starter switch it's self . I will rock off and on sometimes two times and then she will kick over. Maybe the starter switch itself on yours is bad?

Last edited:

Skycop

Thanks for the suggestion. However, when you turn the starter switch, the brake light turns on, so i think the switch is working....I am not 100 percent sure though. Once we start getting into electrical gremlins I am lost.

jimmcld

It's hard to figure out anything without some test adapters that allow you to tap into various wires. Everything is sealed and out of sight without them.

Skycop

Well, we figured out the problem. The starter relay (initial one) had been faulty and when we hooked up the new one, wires were backwards. :shock: Oh well, live and learn!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks