• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help with towing oskosh trailer Lejune NC

JohnnyReb

I agree with emmado22. This is not a trailer. Even if it is modified to pull as a trailer, towing it behind a deuce would be kind of like pulling a semi-trailer with a 1 ton pickup truck. You may get away with it, but the weight ratios, braking system, etc. simply don't match up.

Do you have the Driver's License to pull the weight. How about your insurance?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am not familiar with your local businesses. Try some heavy equipment repair shops near you for recommendations on heavy hauler's. The GL site might have a recommendation of a good hauler as well. Just do your best to error on the side of caution.

JohnnyReb

Turnerman, I can sympathize because I was often a "backwoods hauler" overloading trucks, pulling trailer and loads much too large for the vehicle, etc.

However, Living in GA, I am somewhat familiar with SC. If you don't kill yourself or someone else in this adventure, The SC patrol would most certainly look you over....

Let's See: Improper License, no insurance for this type of load, overweight for the truck, truck not tagged for this weight and trailer............... THEN he would call the DOT....and the citations would compound. If you did not go to jail, you would have to leave the unit on the side of the road and have it recovered by a hauler who would then probably be inspected by the DOT....... and if you were lucky...... they would not make you pay for traffic control during the loading and access back onto the interstate.

Alot of this information comes from PERSONAL experience....

Have it hauled.....

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
turnerman said:
no worries there i will bring one home
Good luck (seriously)

:popcorn:

turnerman

I set my limit at 4500 but bid more, most went higher. Some one wanted them more that me. That is fine I can buy a 40 ft boom cheaper than that. Thanks

emr

400 miles in a deuce alone is an event in itself... :shock: ... would not tow anything more than a mile or 2 down a back road that was not a proven thing, just not worth it...just my 2 cents...Randy