• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help with truck Id

M1031CMT

They are nice trucks. Seen them in person a few times.

Some pics of the last group I found parked in a back lot.

Canadian military is using them in the mean time as a replacement for the MLVW (M35) until they can find something better.

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, cool truck! What's that in pic #3, an extended crew cab? I see four doors but a LOT of space between them. Like crossing a military truck and a limo.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Artillery truck. Has to be big to be able to hold the entire artillery crew.
Makes sense. However, back in the day (1950s or 1960s) the arty crew got in the BACK of the truck and rode on the troop seats. Guess troop seats in the cargo area is a dying concept....

markmontana

Attachments

PWM

That looks like a US Navy Freightliner FL80 crew cab. I spent many hours driving those between San Diego and the ranges at Camp Pendleton before my 2010 deployment to Iraq. The trucks we had like the one in your picture had Cat C7 engines , push button 5 speed automatic transmissions, air brakes ,and air bag suspensions. Not a ton of power, I think around 250 horsepower but i could be wrong. The inside of the cab was huge, would make an awesome family car. I preferred the older models we had, they had beam rear suspensions that worked better off road and seemed to have a bit more power, made accelerating up the freeway on ramps in San Diego a little less stressful at rush hour. I attached a photo of my favorite truck; it was the best runner of the lot.

Attachments

Ripcord01

biggen

if yall ever go around the chattanooga tn area where they make the wreckers beds they have the those trucks up there getting made into tow trucks.... well every now and then.. but always see atleast one up there everytime. then the other day by new orleans la, the jefferson parish search and rescue have the single axel ones they have a couple of them

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
if yall ever go around the chattanooga tn area where they make the wreckers beds they have the those trucks up there getting made into tow trucks.... well every now and then.. but always see atleast one up there everytime. then the other day by new orleans la, the jefferson parish search and rescue have the single axel ones they have a couple of them
Those might be the MRVs. The MRAP Recovery Vehicles. Those are some monster looking trucks, look like fun.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks