• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HELP'''again

fletcher

ok guys its me again. looking for help with my deuce. the problem that just arised yesterday that has never happened before. i got called out las night to go pull a jeep out of being stuck. went to get my truck and it was hard to start (never done this before) it cranked, but took alot of turning. i went and pulled the jeep out and towed it home for him. i went to move my truck today and it was hard to start again. it finally cranked i drove it a few miles and it just died.... it finaly started again and went on down the road and died once again. i got it started and parked it.. the only thing i have noticed out of the ordinary is that my return fuel line connection is a little loose and has leaked a little. im not sure if this is the problem or not but i will try it first. i relocated my fuel tank to the bed about a year ago, i changed the filters, and i can hear the pump in the tank running. when it starts it seem to run fine for a bit and then just dies..... any ideas guy???

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check for fuel pressure at the secondaries with just the in tank pump running.

Any loose lines will allow air in the fuel system, causing hard starts

Last edited:

SixSpeed

Banned
Sounds like an air leak. Any air leaks in the system (even VERY small ones) can cause problems as you describe. The hard starting is due to a loss of prime over time, and the dying is just fuel starvation. While the in-tank-pump can help combat SOME issues with air leaks, the injection pump just can't draw the fuel if there is a leak somewhere...

Edit: Awww...beat to the punch.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your truck doesn't want to start/run, because it is not getting adequate fuel. Just because the "in tank" pump runs, doesn't mean it is pumping. If it runs/pumps, you will not get air in system, but have a leak. Fuel should gush out of bleeder screw at the primary/secondaries. If filters are contaminated, you will have the same symptoms. If fuel is contaminated, new filters can restrict fuel flow almost immediately.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks