• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Helping a friend with his m816

vinnies10

Gimp the input shaft bering was bad and wiped the clutch prematurely. The truck is getting cleaned up and parade ready. The truck sat for two years had to light a fire under a guys rear to get moving on it. Plus its a learning curve for me this is the second truck i am working on. The old guys are teaching me alot

Truckoholic

That looks like a fun one! I really want to get a wrecker eventually.

The pic of the transmission being lowered........... That brings to my attention a technique that can't be used with most other trucks. Having been a truck owner my entire adult life, I have seriously looked into buying a transmission jack so I could do my own transmission and clutch work. And now that I have started my military vehicle collection, I have really been thinking I need one. However, that picture made me realize that all one has to do, is remove the top from the truck, and the access cover over the transmission, and support it from ABOVE and lower it down. That is just too cool! Still might end up getting a transmission jack for my other trucks that don't have that option, but I really thought that was pretty awesome! Thanks for sharing! I'm gonna start repainting my M813 here pretty soon. I've only had it for 3 days so far, and been too busy to do hardly anything with it yet.

vinnies10

The truck was Alot of work to get done by the 4th. It took four weeks of long day to do. I learned Alot since I'm still new to this hobby. I have to thank the owner of the truck and another guy vince for taking the time to teach this young buck. Thanks vince and paul

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
GREAT JOB on the wrecker! Looks like a totally different vehicle! Did you use spray cans, or an paint gun for the redo?

m816

No rattle cans in this motorpool. Vinny did all the painting himself as well as cutting out some bad spots found in all the usual places. He is a good welder, mechanic, and it seems he is better with a spray gun than I am. He really did light a fire under our old tired butts. He is hard to keep up with and extreemly talented. Not wanting to just blow smoke his way but he deserves all the credit for the great job he has done. He is also working on two other vehicles ( M51 Dump and a M35a2 Deuce) at the same time. He hardly leaves us any time for beer drinking. When he isn't working hard on the trucks he is keeping the shop really clean and organized. He is a huge asset to our motorpool and we are glad he is here. Other Vinny

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks