• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Helping the Cause

cwc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Reworked is spot on that the AMVAA is the elephant in the room. They are the ones that influenced Louisiana's Administrators to start looking at this. Thankfully we did not go down the path others states did........
AAMVA ran member surveys on “Humvees” in 2018 and 2020. The surveys closed on July 10, 2018 and December 2, 2020. Each survey was linked in the AAMVA The Week in Review during the month before the survey closed. The weekly newsletters are public and can be found at AAMVA - The Week In Review https://www.aamva.org/the-week-in-review/

Each newsletter lists active surveys and the states requesting surveys, but it does not say which state requests which survey. From the states listed in association with the surveys, it appears that the 2018 survey was requested by Washington, Maryland or North Carolina, and the 2020 survey was requested by Minnesota, Florida, Colorado, Georgia or AAMVA. In 2018, responses came from (at least) CO, FL, IA, ID, IL, KY, MD, MO, NE, NH, NJ, OR, SC, TN, TX, UT, WI. The states responding in 2020 are not listed.

It would be good to know more about these surveys and their results; anyone have any insight?

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm certainly interested in the survey data as well as who requested it (if we'll ever know). It really bugs me that DMV is the one making these decisions, not just enforcing the law as it was enacted.

I know Minnesota still has the letter posted saying they won't registered HMMWVs.
https://dps.mn.gov/divisions/dvs/forms-documents/Documents/FormerMilitaryHUMVEEs.pdf

However the law was changed in 2019 to allows certain vehicles to be allowed to be registered (the document above even points to this statute):

(b) A decommissioned military vehicle that (1) was also manufactured and sold as a comparable civilian vehicle, and (2) has the same size dimensions and vehicle weight as the comparable civilian vehicle, is eligible for a certificate of title under this chapter.

The newest HMMWVs may not meet that definition, but the older M998s and many of the M11xx series will have a corresponding Hummer H1 of the same size dimensions and weight as the military version.

TMOMW

here is what i have been doing in my "spare" time.. i put this together and its the 4th time that it looks like it will pass in 4 different states (in one form or another).
1. have supporters in your house and senate transport com... rep frix and sen stainbridge...
2. the bill is together and headed to the trans com, then the full house and senate.
3. thanks to you if you made a phone call or supported me in any way..
4. this had NOTHING to do with the "other" national group (board of directors ) that has been trying to stop me over the last 4 years and been posting lies about me and conducting a smear campaign against me personally to try and stop me from getting laws passed that are pro MV . if it was up to them this (and 4 other states ) would not have new rules or laws...
5. anyone needing help for other states on this issue i am glad to help help for free.... its 100% to save history, thats the mission
again thanks all
PLEASE SHARE WITH EVERYONE!!!
HB3179 | Oklahoma 2022 | Motor vehicles; defining terms; requiring registration for certain vehicles; effective date. | TrackBill
https://trackbill.com/.../oklahoma-house-bill.../2198206/...

Reworked LMTV

here is what i have been doing in my "spare" time.. i put this together and its the 4th time that it looks like it will pass in 4 different states (in one form or another).
1. have supporters in your house and senate transport com... rep frix and sen stainbridge...
2. the bill is together and headed to the trans com, then the full house and senate.
3. thanks to you if you made a phone call or supported me in any way..
4. this had NOTHING to do with the "other" national group (board of directors ) that has been trying to stop me over the last 4 years and been posting lies about me and conducting a smear campaign against me personally to try and stop me from getting laws passed that are pro MV . if it was up to them this (and 4 other states ) would not have new rules or laws...
5. anyone needing help for other states on this issue i am glad to help help for free.... its 100% to save history, thats the mission
again thanks all
PLEASE SHARE WITH EVERYONE!!!
HB3179 | Oklahoma 2022 | Motor vehicles; defining terms; requiring registration for certain vehicles; effective date. | TrackBill
https://trackbill.com/.../oklahoma-house-bill.../2198206/...
You rock! I have a feeling that if we need support for any venue, there are A LOT of truckers who would sign!! Especially our brothers in Canada!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks