• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hemat trailer

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Personally I would never own one, unless it was going to be strictly for parades. I am storing one at my place that is not mine and they are a PIA to move around. Near impossible to back up and the only thing they would be good to haul is palletized items or something lifted in from above with a crane or something. I move it around with a deuce and you definitely know it's back there, I would never go out on the road with it. A 5 ton would do it but like stated earlier I would go with something more maneuverable.

paradeduty

Hey DH -

I have a 5-ton flat bed trailer (in classifieds) and a 4-ton bolster for sale (same axles,rims,tires as 5-ton flat trailer). Not next door, but they are decent - make me an offer.

Dave

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
You would probably happier with a Bolster Trailer M796
I've had a couple of bolster trailers and they are great to pull behind a deuce. I had a deuce dropside bed mounted on the last one which made it very handy for hauling. Being low to the ground they are easy to load and the neck extends out to adjust for different loads. If GL hadn't FUBAR'd it with a forklift I would still have it.

86m1028

Ive got one. here in Texas.

You do need a truck bigger than a duece to pull it, like others have said.

I pulled mine with a 3/4 ton diesel, talk about the tail wagging the dog. I dont care to do that again.

Danger Ranger

I can't blame you guys for wanting to sell your trailers, but this thread answered questions on what have been defined as unsafe or unnecessary uses. I think another thread may be a better place for an advertisement. Just because it is known that the two interested members are not equipped for this. I don't think we should be promoting unsafe practices is all.

Thanks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks