• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hemitt vs. MTV

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My unit had sent our Hemitt wrecker for service and we never got it back! We got a MTV Wrecker instead!

So far i'm not happy with it. The hemitt is stronger and that MTV stinger is a PITA.

The MTV can't even tow another MTV!
My friend was activated for hurricane emergency duty few months back. They drove from Greenville, TX down to San Antonio, and on their return trip a HMMWV broke down. They had a MTV Wrecker but it didnt have the proper equipment to handle a HMMWV. So he called me and we chat until they called in a HEMMT wrecker to pick it up about 5-6 hours out. He was very displeased with the way the "new stuff" wasnt very thought through, but he was pleased to get paid to wave at all the passing traffic until the wrecker came. rofl

rat4spd

We had a HMMWV lose a front diff on the way to AT. The 1089 didn't have any problems with it. No one thought to bring a tow bar?

Funny part is, we couldn't get squat fixed by the FMS for the whole year. The month before AT in support of a mobing brigade, our vehicles were magically finished. Then they got the diff fixed and line hauled it to us. At AT we lost an engine in a hmmvw and we had it hauled straight up and replaced in two days.

Now we go back to the bottom of the list.

Last edited:

rorybellows

Your unit got screwed... Does the Co Supply SGT know about this? The CO who is signed for everything? the PBO? I'd be worried if I was a hand receipt holder..
the c.o. doesnt really have any word on what equipment they get or dont. army says yer gettin this, then yer gettin it. just like goin to war, your goin if you like it or not, unless your a pussy and use some lame excuse to get out.

back on track, ya they didnt leave much to the imagination power wise. the cat motors arent very powerful, dont take power upgrades very well ( not that im suggesting he try to up the power in a gov't vehicle; would be an expensive mistake for him when it blew) and the weight distribution goes out the door when towing. but ya have ta work with what uncle sam gives you. being in a comm unit, you shouldnt be using that to tow heavy things anyway

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks