• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HEMTT doors don't open from inside

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm looking at a HEMTT and noticed neither door opens from the inside latches. Outside only. Is there something I'm missing?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I'm looking at a HEMTT and noticed neither door opens from the inside latches. Outside only. Is there something I'm missing?
Unless the handles are broke. They have inside latches

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Did somebody reverse the latch mechanisms and how would one do that?

A 6x6 Deuce has combat door handle lock mechanisms so when riders
put it to combat lock and exit and close the door then that one or both those doors will never open again from the outside.

Is HEMTT like that, but reversed!?

lock IMG_3091.jpg

lock combat secure IMG_3090.jpg

Last edited:

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hemtt has latches, not handles. They look just like the outside latches.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Elideclan2

Take the panel off on the inside of the door.
There is a series of cables inside with adjusters.
Tighten the slack out of the loose cable.
This has happened on my m983(sold)
and my current m977. It's easy.

Jericho

the "never open again" comment made my day LOL ,good humor, my grandson locked the doors in my m 109 and shut them ( 6 at the time ) was unable to open them again,, Was amazed when I reached thru the OPEN window to pull the handle up , JUST A BIG GOB SMACKED LOOK

JDToumanian

Hey Mike,

Are they loose or tight? My passenger's side inside latch is really tight, you'd think it can't be opened but it does if you put some muscle to it, and a little easier if you pull the door in slightly at the same time. If it's loose it may need the adjusting as mentioned above. I got new ones for mine, inside and out... Replacing them, cleaning and adjusting so the doors open and close easily, is on my huge HEMTT to-do list.

Jon

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The latches move easily and the latches move their full travel. Just nothing happens from the inside. You have to reach out the window down to the external latch on order for the door to open.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
the "never open again" comment made my day LOL ,good humor, my grandson locked the doors in my m 109 and shut them ( 6 at the time ) was unable to open them again,, Was amazed when I reached thru the OPEN window to pull the handle up , JUST A BIG GOB SMACKED LOOK
There is a blonde joke in there someplace

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks