• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HEMTT or PLS door locks?

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You could do something like what the M1070 has, a locking bracket that blocks the door from opening.

Attachments

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I guess, but if I'm going to do something like that, it might as well be a civilian style padlock. Was just thinking something that would blend in a little better.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Please make sure you read the listing, they're an online only item. It'll save you a trip. Doh! :patracy:

RDUKW

I think I came up with a cheaper and easier way. And it'll blend in better than the HET style lock.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Master-Lock-Flat-Oriented-Padlock-Eyes-1-Pair-60/202324265#.UqhxxOLouE4

Use a pair of these on each door in the jam. I can also just use a cable on the wheel to secure it as well. Then some locks on the battery box and tool boxes. Easier to get a set of padlocks with matching keys that way.

You don't need a cable on the wheel. Look under the dash at the first right angle box, there is a bracket on a hinge that folds up and you put a padlock right there. as far as locking the doors just run a cable from the inside door handle thru the drain plug (same on both sides) then put a pad lock between the two cables. At shows I just use a motorcycle tie down and do the same thing.

Ryan

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
You don't need a cable on the wheel. Look under the dash at the first right angle box, there is a bracket on a hinge that folds up and you put a padlock right there. as far as locking the doors just run a cable from the inside door handle thru the drain plug (same on both sides) then put a pad lock between the two cables. At shows I just use a motorcycle tie down and do the same thing.

Ryan
You're right, I forgot about that latch thingy.

I did notice last night, it appears that the doors and frames for my cab came pre-drilled for this exact hasp setup I mentioned earlier. Time will tell if the holes line up like I hope they will.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Nope, that wouldn't work. That's for a toolbox style use.

I think this path of the flat hasps and padlocks are the KISS way of getting this done.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I think I came up with a cheaper and easier way. And it'll blend in better than the HET style lock.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Master-Lock-Flat-Oriented-Padlock-Eyes-1-Pair-60/202324265#.UqhxxOLouE4

Use a pair of these on each door in the jam. I can also just use a cable on the wheel to secure it as well. Then some locks on the battery box and tool boxes. Easier to get a set of padlocks with matching keys that way.
Got these in today. I did manage to install them on one door. The holes that were on the doors worked perfectly. And there's several on the door side to allow for adjustment!

TehTDK

I like how they "oversell" that product. I don't think the shackle is really properly protected against all types of attack pr say. I still have a couple of caliber's handles that I will stick on my truck when I get one, unless I spring for one of the danish ones since they sell those at the auction 10-15 miles from me, which means a quick easy recovery :p

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Locks only keep honest people honest. Heck to break into a vehicle all they need is a rock and bust the windows. Anyhow I got the hasps installed. The screws that came with it won't work. But I had some laying around that did.

IMAG1294.jpgIMAG1292.jpgIMAG1293.jpg

TehTDK

Patracy,

Thats why I am presently considering adapting the tactic used by the danish police for the riot control vans. All the windows have been replaced with perspex/polycarbonate panes which means that if someone tries to toss a brick or rock at the window the window will simply take up the pressure and release it in the form of "repelling" the object back at the person that threw it :p

jesusgatos

Patracy,

Thats why I am presently considering adapting the tactic used by the danish police for the riot control vans. All the windows have been replaced with perspex/polycarbonate panes which means that if someone tries to toss a brick or rock at the window the window will simply take up the pressure and release it in the form of "repelling" the object back at the person that threw it :p
Or you could just apply something like this to your windows.

Steve1031

This item has been discontinued

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks