• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HEMTT Prices and availability

The Gimlis

The HEMTT's have really caught our eye! What's that you guys alway say, can't have just one MV...??

Some questions for you HEMTT guys:

1) what can we expect to pay for a decent machine?
2) Does GL sell these or where we can find them?
3) Are there many out there for sale?
4) Parts - can they be found and where?

Any pros and cons would be appreciated. Many thanks!

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm sure someone else will chime in with actual experience, but:

1) $75K-plus
2) VERY rarely - some dealers have one or two
3) Not many in civilian hands
4) Parts are not plentiful.

Good luck!

M1075

There are not many to go around. The last two sales I saw were on the same vehicle. Fix-er up condition was $25K and ready to roll condition was $60K.

Stalwart

I've heard anwhere from 6-12 in private hands, can't confirm.

GL doesn't sell them because they all go back to Oshkosh to be rebuilt, saving 60-70% of the cost.

Many parts are parts from the heavy truck industry, Oshkosh parts are EXPENSIVE!

There is one at armyjeeps.net near the bottom of the page Vehicles Page1

They are awesome, I drove mine to the gym today. :-D

Stalwart

There is a guy that lives about 50 miles from here that bought a TOTAL POS on ebay for $26,000. The thing was canabalised and a lot of the truck needed to rebuilt. Fast forward 2 years and while attending the Arlington Airshow (Arlington, WA) I saw this very nice HEMTT. I wouldn't even look at it since it was the truck I've always wanted and knew I couldn't have.

A couple of weeks later it went up on eBay, I went a took a look, my wife went for a ride and to make a longer story short, it followed us home a few days later. We are in the process of having new sides made out of 1/8" aluminum, rather than steel ones it had, the ones it came with were junk but made good patterns.

Here is PART of the restoration story:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/5-ton-up/16105-updated-pics-my-hemtt-restoration.html

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I currently own an M983 tractor and I owned an M977 cargo previously. The cargo was an untouched complete unit as is the tractor. By the way, the cargo is pictured in my avatar. They are rare. Parts are around. My tractor is basically complete, but needs the motor put back in. I finally located a fresh gov't. rebuilt motor with dyno papers, etc. That baby set me back...but it is sweet. Tommy Craig in FL is prepping the engine compartment for the install as we speak.

The Gimlis

:rolleyes: <-----That's the little green gremlin of jealousy.

We'll keep our eyes open and hope one appears in our life too.

Can you register it as a motor vehicle?

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Ted's Trucks in Dothan, AL has several in different conditions.
They are for sale but all of them I saw would need a lot of work.
I didn't ask prices but since they are rare I suspect they aren't cheap.
Ted is a good guy with a BIG playground full of Green Iron.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks