• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HEMTT rim 0-ring?

MO MV man

Hello all,

Does anyone know of a civvy replacement for an HEMTT rim o-ring?

I was mounting all of mine and wouldn't you know it, I get to the fourth wheel/tire, open the bag with the nuts and o-ring and the o-ring is almost torn completely in half.

Does NAPA carry them?
Is it a tire store standard item?
I have a few big truck tire shops within 10 miles of home.

Thanks in advance for the help.

jwaller

any surplus dealer will have them. doubt a tire store will as there are almost no commercial bolt together wheels.

MO MV man

any surplus dealer will have them. doubt a tire store will as there are almost no commercial bolt together wheels.
Yep, I knew they were available that way.

But I was holding out hope they might be available locally so I could get that wheel/tire assembled to utilize the help I have available tonight (not often I have available help like this!) to install those monsters on my bobber.

Andy1234

You can have them made.

Look up a local o-ring supplier (there's lots of them, more then you'd think). You need a 61" long (measured from the centerline of the o-ring) by 3/8" dia. Material needs to be heat resitant, and flexible in the cold, as well as resistant to oils.

Lead time is usually 4-5 days, and cost is approx $10/ea.

Andy

MO MV man

Thanks for all the responses, folks! [thumbzup]

I also had a friend who works at the local John Deere dealer tell me about a commercial tire service/dealer in the city who he says has many rim o-rings.
I'll call them this afternoon after I get off work.

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have just put 5 wheels together, then I noticed that the last o-ring was larger in dia (it would wait to be the last one :( ). Thought that we had one that was the wrong size till I read this,

(Look up a local o-ring supplier (there's lots of them, more then you'd think). You need a 61" long (measured from the centerline of the o-ring) by 3/8" dia. Material needs to be heat resitant, and flexible in the cold, as well as resistant to oils.)

That is the size of the one that I thought was too big, now I'm wondering if the others were too small and I'm going to have probs. Can't really measure then as they are all inside mounted, inflated wheels.

What are your thoughts?

(the number off the smaller o-rings is OR20TUA, had that because I thought I would have to get another of that size)

Last edited: