• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HEMTT Title needed

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another avenue, Look for a local salvage yard, the kind that deals with police impounds. They have on site VIN verification people, they take an impounded vehicle, verify the VIN and give the vehicle a "new" clean, clear title. YOU will need to show them where the number you want on your title is. Thats how I did mine, no problems.

n1bnc

Sometimes, less is more. Don't say anything when going to the DMV and see what they do. If it is unacceptable, then say something. The folks in NH were completely clueless about registering my M135, but $26 later, I had a registration and Antique plates. Not one mention of how many axles, or the what is it? came up, as long as you have a VIN that matches the frame, all should be well. My M135 had a VIN that was the number that the National Guard had on the truck. It had nothing to do with the # on the frame or the data plate. When I registered it, I used the VIN on the frame, Maine, Massachusetts, nor New Hampshire even gave it a thought.

Good Luck! Shhhh!!!

DMgunn

In South Dakota, the officer will crawl all over the vehicle and get every VIN on it. Then, he will assign a new non-17 digit VIN using the cab data plate (on the door jamb) as the basis for the vehicle's decsription. A good friend of mine buys damaged vehicles and fixes them, and really got burnt once because of this. About 2 years ago, he rebuilt an '02 Chevy S-10 ZR-2 using a cab, front clip, and bed from 3 other vehicles. The cab happened to be from a '96 2 wheel drive with a 4-cyl. Now the vehicle is registered as a '96. Value just dropped to the basement. What's worse is that when the local parts store uses the VIN to get the right parts, well, you can figure the rest out......

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks