• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HEMTT vs M-915 tire /rim compatibility

Jericho

Just a quick question for some of the hemit guys. Are the hemit rims interchangeable with sn M-915. Looking at an upgrade to a fellow owners 915. He is looking at hemit rims. Will they fit ? Five tons. Deuces. Goats m 38 s no problem. I know very little about hemits. What’s a good rim tire combination. He is running dually rear. Tires. Wants to go to super singles. Or it the M931a2 wheel and tire the ticket ?

Superthermal

The M915- M916s are very heavy. HEMTT wheels are the ticket as they are 10 Ton rated. You will need the offset lug nuts that have a recessed cone that is threaded to ensure a proper number of threads grab, same as what a 5 ton would use to properly mount them.
I have seen some for sale like what you see here but you may be able to find a little better price at a local Semi shop. Not having an M915 myself I do not know if the wheel lugs are the same stud size as a 5 ton or not.
1700788826167.png

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Just a quick question for some of the hemit guys. Are the hemit rims interchangeable with sn M-915. Looking at an upgrade to a fellow owners 915. He is looking at hemit rims. Will they fit ? Five tons. Deuces. Goats m 38 s no problem. I know very little about hemits. What’s a good rim tire combination. He is running dually rear. Tires. Wants to go to super singles. Or it the M931a2 wheel and tire the ticket ?
Rears yes. Front No. The offset Is too much and the wheels hit the tie rods before then even get tightened down. 20in road steer tires aren't common.

Go with a super single 385 65 22.5 or 425