• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HEMTT wanted in good to excellent condition

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What are you looking to spend? I can tell you that you will not find a truck like that for less than $50K...but most likely more. there is a guy in KY that has one...very nice...not 100% original...for somewhere near $75-85K.

dma251

I wouldn't say thay are high maintenance any more then any other military truck. Of course you have to expect to do the basic fluid changes and such as soon as you get one just so you know what you're dealing with, but otherwise they are pretty straightforward.

Just about every service or maintenance part is pretty easy to get from local sources once you have the p/n cross-references. The nice thing about the hemtt is that the truck is really a collection of commercial truck parts that come from pretty big-name sources. Detroit Diesel engine, Allison trans, Eaton rear axles, Hendrickson suspension, Grove crane, standard semi airbrake parts.... Oshkosh makes the transfercase and front axles.

Just do what I did - get one first, and figure the rest out later!

Yohan

Kentuckycucv, he's the gentleman who had the "Anaconda" Fv432 MkII, isn't he? Where did that bad boy go?

Good luck with your search, zippy! Bruce already promised my son and me a ride in the one he's tinkering on...:twisted:

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
:drool:

i would love to have that LVS... anybody know where i can get 50k?:-D
Try to get your name in the Stimulus Bill. Tell your local rep that you are going to stimulate the sale of fuel and lubricants. Maybe you can even have them include a provision for turning in your clunker deuce and get $4500 towards your LVS. 50K is nothing to the DC crowd and easy to bury in a 1400 page document that noboby reads and if they do they do not understand it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks