• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HEMTT Wheel Adapter Plate Project

SuperJoe

i ask due to uncertainty in my own mind. i didnt think about getting more front lugs vs different holes being better or worse either way. i just ask to see what is preferred. both on the subject of strength and concentric's

jesusgatos

No, what I'm saying is that the stock deuce wheels are the same front and rear (size of the lug stud holes). It's only the lug nuts that are different. So... just put front lug nuts on the rear when you single out a rear axle. Right?

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
Superjoe, the holes in the adapter plate are the same size as the factory/blueprint deuce wheel lug opening. I found that the wear on used wheels varied as much as an 1/8" per opening. The was the result of not having a snug fit and driving on them.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
Update. We bolted up the first plate to a wheel today. I like it. We are going to reduce the lug opening. They will be in my hands on Wed. I am shooting to mount at least one with a tire to take to gilbert. If i do not get to take it i will send my son PHD up with a wheel.

pjpiche1

I am doing the HEMTT wheel 6 lug conversions. I have both designs: weld in center and studded plate. For the do-it -yourself-er, I have been thinking about offering all of the necessary jigs, templates , and instructions in a kit. Would anyone be interested in it? pm me for info.

Last edited:

Jakob

This is the route I want to go when I get ready to do it. If I get my way and I start the National Guard soon... as a diesel mechanic, I'll have some spare money coming in. Looks great so far! My only question is the same as donkdonk, it looks like they have a massive offset.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks