• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HEMTT wheel valve stems

ivbeenrokd

Okay, looks like I'm picking up some HEMTT wheels Tuesday to go with my 15.5R20 Michelins. The wheels I'm getting have nuts and o-rings but not valve stems. Is that something I can get locally at a big truck shop or do I need to order somewhere special?

Thanks for the help!

John

M1075

Okay, looks like I'm picking up some HEMTT wheels Tuesday to go with my 15.5R20 Michelins. The wheels I'm getting have nuts and o-rings but not valve stems. Is that something I can get locally at a big truck shop or do I need to order somewhere special?

Thanks for the help!

John
They are a special design and I haven't really found any suitable substitute.

pjpiche1

I found a stem that will work. I do not have the number with me. It is a heavy equipment/forklift stem. I picked them up at a large truck tire store.

Andy1234

I've got a line on some, direct from the manufacturer (none on GL for a while).

Looks like they'll be approx $18/ea, but I'll have to order 1000 of them to get that price.

Andy

Rene M

I have been looking for a picture of one.. I have a huge tire shop that does heavy equipment, truck tires. When i asked if they carried some ting that might work i was walked to a shelf with 60+ versions of bolt through valve stems.

http://www.easternsurplus.net/images/common_spares/valvestemhemtt4.JPG

I found this but cant even see how that works?

Last edited:

M1075

Dave, I know those you show are not actually HEMTT stems, but I too thought about buying them at GL because I thought they could work as a good substitute. Have you been able to try and verify they work okay? It seems to me they could work just fine, but would be a tad long, and certainly not reversible for use on the rears. Got any pics of them installed in a wheel?

skidunits4you

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On our M35A3 I was able to use Cat grader rim stems got them from a tire shop not CAT Cat it to rich for my blood. They are a little short but we were able to get extentions for them. Hope this helps

Rene M

On our M35A3 I was able to use Cat grader rim stems got them from a tire shop not CAT Cat it to rich for my blood. They are a little short but we were able to get extensions for them. Hope this helps

Im guessing that they were 90' units? i have a whole box of them just they seem short for what i am looking for. I never though of extensions..