• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HEMTT Wheels for Your Deuce are READY TO ROLL!

donkdonk

Is there a lip where the two rim pieces join that water can collect? Just worried about rust...
Not sure which point where they meet you are wondering about. If it is on the outside, then yes there is a lip, that is where the O-Ring sits and provides a seal. This is all the factory HEMTT military stuff, the only thing I do is cut out the center where the 5-ton bolt pattern is and weld in a 6 lug deuce pattern.

I hope this answers your question, if not let me know. Thanks

SuperJoe

well apparently i need to know about spray pattern. i have never heard of this. will my welder do it? lincon promig 255 i know how to weld well but not certified or anything. just make things for myself. do i need other things for spray welding or just different settings?

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your Lincoln will probably spray. What you do is get a bottle of Argon for shielding gas instead of CO2 or a mix. You will need an adapter for the gas as the threads on the bottle are different. That considerably raises the temperature. You will have to fool with the settings, but you will know when you are spraying as it makes a funny noise, not the usual crackle.

It also puts a lot of heat on the nozzle of your gun, really the whole gun. I think a lot of them are water cooled but we used to use a heavier than usual Tweco gun and it worked fine.

Best thing would be to find someone to help you set it up, that is how I learned. Makes beautiful smooth welds.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Are there any pics of these mounted up with 395's on a truck? Specifically the rear in relation to the edge of the bed.

Last edited:

donkdonk

If you have stock HEMTT wheels I will take them in on trade. I will also take 14.00, 14.50, 16.00, 395/85/20 tires on trade. I need a tow bar as well.

donkdonk

They do not require it, but if you want it to track straight with the front you would have to. It only takes a couple hours to do it. I would say $150 shipping, if more I will pay the difference.

jesusgatos

If you have one of those mounted up front, I'd love to see a picture that shows how far out the wheel/tire sits in relation to the fender. I'm guessing they'll stick out a lil more than the wheels that have flat plates bolted/welded directly to the wheel halves, huh?

donkdonk

If you have one of those mounted up front, I'd love to see a picture that shows how far out the wheel/tire sits in relation to the fender. I'm guessing they'll stick out a lil more than the wheels that have flat plates bolted/welded directly to the wheel halves, huh?
Yes, it will give you some offset so the bigger tires will stay out of the bed/steering. I am not sure I will be at the shop today, so probably tomorrow for some pics.

SuperJoe

pics sound great tomorrow. will also you get a measurement of aprox how wide the outermost part will be. probably the tire but if its anything else either. just so we will know if it passes the 8 foot requirement for oversize load

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks