• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HEMTT Wheels for Your Deuce are READY TO ROLL!

FL_Frank

Hey Donk - you still have these wheels for sale? PM'd you twice, but haven't heard any response. Guessing you are probably out of town, or maybe sold out. In any case, please let me know if you still have them when you have a chance.

Thanks,
-Frank

donkdonk

Hey Donk - you still have these wheels for sale? PM'd you twice, but haven't heard any response. Guessing you are probably out of town, or maybe sold out. In any case, please let me know if you still have them when you have a chance.

Thanks,
-Frank
Sorry, email error (user). I do have rims ready to go, I sent you a PM.

Thanks

scootertrs

Guys, just got my set of rims from Zack. Spectacular does not begin to describe them... I cannot wait to slap tires on them and put them in my deuce fire truck. The welds are excellent+++ and the paint he did, gloss black on the outer and gloss red on the inner is flawless. Thank you again Zack.

Raul

Attachments

Last edited:
I have not read every page of this thread, just the first 4 or 5, so hope this is not a repeat question. Anyway, here goes... it might also be a stupid question, but her it comes... ok, uh...
These are tube type rims, am I correct? If so, do you have plans for tubeless, or are these tubeless already, and I am just not the sharpest knife in the drawer. For those of you out there thinking I missed the obvious, welcome to my world.

scootertrs

Just be sure to use plenty of grease everywhere there is a seal... between the beads and the rim, on the o ring between the halves, where the valve stem meets the rim...

If you are prone to not use for extended periods or like low pressures for off roading, then a set of beadlocks will come in real handy... very nice to not have to remount a wheel that bled down over 1 month and now it is sitting off the bead ... with a bead lock you can just air it up and you are good to go...

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone know how to get in touch w/ DonkDonk? We are trying to give him some money (a lot really) for some rims and he just dropped off the email. Haven't heard from him since the start of June. We are on a time limit, taking the rig out for the summer, and want to get the wheels changed before we go.
If anybody can re-connect us I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
LowTech

donkdonk

Anyone know how to get in touch w/ DonkDonk? We are trying to give him some money (a lot really) for some rims and he just dropped off the email. Haven't heard from him since the start of June. We are on a time limit, taking the rig out for the summer, and want to get the wheels changed before we go.
If anybody can re-connect us I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
LowTech
I am here! My inbox was approaching full and I deleted some messages. I will drop you a PM.

donkdonk

Great information here. If I have Goodyear MVT's and these wheels do I need to run tubes?.A little confused here.
I have been out of these wheels for over a year now.

Funny thing is, when I bought them I got 120 wheels. I was sitting there looking at all these pallets (they were 4 to a pallet stacked 3 pallets high) and wondering what the **** I was thinking buying all of them... now I wish I had bought 2000 of them.

To answer your question, no, you do not run tubes with these wheels as long as the tire does not require it, which the MVT's do not.

treysoucie

so besides making the tires much easier to come on and off the wheels and converting to tubeless what are the benefits to running these? will it make the 395's appear larger due to the increased rim size? id love to see a side by side comparison with the 395's on these wheels versus the stockers.

Post #22 was not relevant. It only pertains to COMMERCIAL trucks, not personal trucks. There would be no reason whatsoever to stop at a weigh station for your own truck.

All of this has been covered a zillion times, no need to go over it again.
That is not true in North Carolina. Any truck that has more than two axles is.subject to getting pulled over by the DOT enforcement State Patrol. If you have a modified vehicle, I.e. bobbed deuce, or tires/wheels without the proper DOT certification, are subject to.some pretty hefty fines. In that instance, yes, you will.be required to have the.vehicle towed back home as it is.illegal to.drive on public roads. Several deuce owners here in N C have gotten some really big fines for not having the required fuel sticker, and also.for.being over weight. The license people.will issue you a tag and registration with the same rating as a half ton pickup if you sign a waver, as I did, before learning the law. However, the first time you get pulled by the DOT cop, you will be way over weight limit, even if you are empty! And you will get a really big fine.

The bottom line is, know what YOUR state laws are. Do not believe that what other guys are getting away with in other states will.work in your state.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks