• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hemtt wheels on 5 ton rockwells

fordon5tons

Hello im new to this forum and have a question i hope you guys could answer for me. I have a set of the 5 ton rockwells that im using to build a mud truck i found a good deal on some hemtt wheels and i would like to know if they will bolt up to my axles. Im wanting to use them for tug o war i have custom wheels and tractor tire's for the mud but want a set of these wheels to put some other tires on for tug's. Any help would be appreciated and sorry if this question has been asked before tried to search it and came up with nothing.

fordon5tons

No im not on pirate they dont like the mud trucks over there im on chucks trucks fourm but i haven't posted any pics or build plans. I building a 78 ford with a 545 big block ford and the 5 ton rockwells. Then im four linking it with nitrogen shocks and running 65 inch tractor tire's for the mud.

fordon5tons

also does it matter that i have my hubs fliped out? i took the air brake set up off im just going to use 2 pinion brakes. And if im understand right i put the back part of the rim on my hubs on the studs, then the center part, and after that i put on the last part then bolt the ends together?

jwaller

flipping the hub makes no difference. it only serves to move where your wheel will finally sit in relation to the truck body.

if you removed air brake parts from the axles then you have 900 series stuff and I would like to buy all of it.

you also don't have to use the budd studs. you can just bolt the wheels on.

fordon5tons

All i have is the axle's themselves i got rid of everything else it was destroyed when i got them. And i would have to get $2500 for the axles they have no miles on them everything is brand new. Plus i have all right hand wheel studs and lug nuts in them. If your interested you can call me at 407 448 6170 my name is jason. i live in florida so you would have to come pick them up