• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hercules LDT-465-1C

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Does anyone have a deuce with a LDT-465-1C made by Hercules (specifically) in it?

If so, please let me know. I am trying to nail down some specific dates of certain changes, and the info off the engine data plate would be helpful.

At this point, I am NOT after information about other brands or models of the Multifuel.

Thanks,
David

Last edited:

DavidB

I would check but wind chill at -26 and blowing snow,guess you are gonna wait.
Stay warm and MERRY CHRISTMAS to one and all !
DavidB

Stonewall

I will be able to verify on Sunday, but I believe that I have that engine. I do have the Hercules, just need to verify the specifics.

Herc LDT-1-C

I believe the 1-C is a whistler!! We had them in Alaska in 1967. I have a Herc in my M35A2 and its a 1-D and quiet!!! It came from Alaska. It was dated Oct of 1987 on data plate on engine. I believe the truck is a 1972 AM General. I named her "Cheeckaco". It is in Montana and I am snowbirding in Arizona!! I use to order parts for planes and trucks when I was in the Army. Happy New Year!!!

t120r

mine is hercules 1c rebuilt 1989 yes it leaks at the head when idling too long. yes it runs at 165 degrees and yes i have turned the fuel up and put a pyro on it. they will not leak on the highway. drove it out to wyoming from maryland overloaded too ran fine had to turn the fuel down some both knock on wood fine. used no oil in 2500 miles

t120r
md.

sproutgrower

Hello, Old thread I know...but I'm researching my truck...and look what I found..... I have an LD-465-1C Hercules in my M35A2. It's non turbo, and It's a Kaiser Jeep from South Bend Indiana. Not sure exactly...but as far as I can tell my truck is 1972. It's in the UK, which I'm sure will be a pleasant surprise for you. We bought her from a guy in 2004 who bought her from the US army in 1999 from a German base (he never said which one) She needs a new injector pump now...but I'm having real problems trying to source one from here, or finding anyone that knows anthing about a Bosch rotary injector pump. I hope your search was more fruitful than mine. Hazel 8)

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks